Fund Development DirectorCompany: EduCare Foundation
Date Posted: October 6, 2017
EduCare’s annual budget is $6.0M and growing. The Fund Development Director will be responsible for developing and expanding fundraising strategies for philanthropic support to meet and exceed annual fundraising goals. He/she will be responsible for achieving EduCare’s key fundraising goals: to diversify its funding base, and to increase funding through building relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporate funders, and planned giving candidates. The Fund Development Director will also develop strategic marketing and communications plans in collaboration with EduCare’s Communications Manager. He/she will manage the Fund Development/ Communication Department and report directly to the President.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-starter who is passionate about education, young people, and youth development. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record meeting and exceeding annual non-profit financial goals by cultivating and soliciting a varied donor base, and who wants to be part of a team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of youth and those who care and serve them.
- Develop and implement an ongoing comprehensive, strategic fundraising plan with specific, measurable goals that will enable EduCare to diversify and increase unrestricted funding.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and corporate donors.
- Create and advance a comprehensive planned giving program.
- Manage EduCare’s Fund Development/Communications team.
- Participate in EduCare’s Grants Committee and work closely with our grant writer in pursuing diversified grant goals.
- Develop performance metrics, monitor results, create reports and assist President in evaluating the effectiveness of organization’s fund development program.
- Represent EduCare internally and externally, advancing our mission and visibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or Nonprofit Management degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years fundraising experience; previous Director of Development experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of meeting financial fundraising goals
- Experience preferred in educational or youth-related non-profits
- Proven ability to design and implement effective strategies to create high gift conversion from mass donor appeals, individual donor/prospect outreach, and specialized fundraising campaigns
- Experience in creating and expanding a planned giving program
- Experience and skill creating and managing online and social media-based fundraising campaigns
- Experience effectively using donor databases for CRM, reporting, and analytics (FileMakerPro; Blackbaud, etc.)
- Outstanding managerial and organizational skills
- Outstanding relationship and social skills (a real “people” person)
- Outstanding team player
Interested candidates can apply by visiting www.educarefoundation.com.
EduCare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.