Northeast Valley Health Corporation
January 16, 2018
1. Bachelor's Degree or 3 to 5 years related experience, education, and training.
2. Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication abilities.
4. Previous experience in organizing small and large events.
5. Professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skill, positive attitude, and a strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience with donor database system.
7. Able to communicate tactfully and empathetically, with cultural sensitivity, with staff.
8. Good math skills.
9. Ability to set priorities for tasks to work efficiently and under minimal supervision.
10. Ability to work independently and be a productive team player. Self-Strater, reliable and dependable.
11. Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among members and staff.
12. Have integrity and be trustworthy. Keep work commitments and keep the Development Manager informed of work progress, timetables and any issues or problems which may arise.
13. Share and exchange ideas in a constructive and positive manner; be open to new ideas and change as needed.
14. Current California driver's license, appropriate insurance coverage and a driving record acceptable to the NEVHC's insurance carrier (if required to drive on the job).
1. Works closely with the Development Manager and Director of Development in conducting all activities and implementation of new and established fundraising programs.
2. Coordinates and implements fundraising campaigns as defined by Development Manager (examples: Annual Employee Giving Campaigns, TEAM NEVHC Marathon, Year-End Appeal, etc.)
3. Assists in the planning, organizing and implementing of cultivation and fundraising special events as assigned.
4. Monitors online website donations.
5. Develops revenue projections and expense reports for fundraising events.
6. Assists with the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donor and prospective donors.
7. Participates in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement departmental goals and objectives.
8. Develops direct mail programs as needed, coordinates the roll-out of campaigns and checks for success level at the conclusion.
9. Attends occasional events on evenings and weekends.
10. Participates in training related to the management of the donor database system, will learn to input donor information, run lists and analytical reports.
11. Works with internal and external volunteers.
12. Works closely with Graphic Designer to develop promotional material for fundraising campaigns, i.e. flyers, brochures, posters, public display, etc. Reviews literature as assigned.
13. Assists with the coordination of the fundraising and campaign webpages on NEVHC's website.
14. Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate and individual donors.
15. Keeps and maintains the confidentiality of donors/prospects.
16. Develops and maintains fundraising skills through seminars, workshops or other forms of training/education; comply with all mandatory training requirements.
Full-Time Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.)
To Apply, please visit:
About Northeast Valley Health Corporation:
Northeast Valley Health Corporation (NEVHC), one of the nations largest community health centers, is a nonprofit Joint Commission accredited Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The mission of NEVHC is to provide quality, safe and comprehensive primary health care to medically underserved residents of Los Angeles County, particularly in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys, in a manner that is sensitive to the economic, cultural and linguistic needs of the community.
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)