Grants DirectorCompany: Partners In Care Foundation
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
- Proposal writing and editing: Develop and write compelling proposals to foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Review and edit proposals and materials when written by other staff or consultants.
- Management and operations: Grant writing, research, and reporting activities. Develop and maintain grants plan, calendar, and monthly reports.
- Meeting planning and facilitation: Lead senior staff and program teams through grant concepting, planning, and launch meetings.
- Proposal submissions: Coordinate and execute submission of proposals and all materials.
- Monitor compliance: Work with program and finance staff to ensure compliance with terms of each grant, particularly submission of reports.
- Funder cultivation and retention: In partnership with the VP of Development, identify new foundation funding sources. Work with Senior Staff to develop strategies to retain and enhance relationships with foundations, corporations, and government funders.
- Database management: Manage and maintain foundation, corporate, and government submissions awards, and reporting records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Internal reporting: Prepare reports for Board of Directors and CEO detailing grant-related activities.
- Research and trends: Conduct regular research to identify new sources of funding for programs. Track relevant fundraising/industry statistics and trends via news sources, research studies, and reports and incorporate findings into strategies, goals, and proposals.
Education, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- Three or more years of related work experience in and understanding of social services, gerontology, public health, and health self-management.
- Experience writing winning grants and cultivating positive relationships with funders
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy; with strong writing and editing skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple grants on a time-sensitive basis
- Proven ability to manage projects across departments, engaging staff to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience in identifying new areas for funding and strategic advancement to support organization’s mission
- Experience working in a team environment and collaboratively with department team members
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise sound judgement
- Familiarity with the social determinants of health, the heath care sector, and aging services;
- Ability to communicate effectively and target and adapt messages to specific constituencies while sustaining a consistent message
- Able to track and monitor grants, reporting timelines, and project progress
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K
EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Briana Hathaway, Senior Director of Human Resources at Bhathaway@picf.org with “Grants Director” in the subject line.