Director of Individual and Corporate GivingCompany: Boys & Girls Club of the West Valley
Date Posted: February 27, 2018
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the CEO in planning the annual budget and resource development plan and strategies to meet and exceed budget goals as approved.
- Provide consistent reporting and communication of activities and performance to goals.
- Ensures accurate accounting of all income and their sources and interfaces with key departments to fulfill statistics and information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Works collaboratively with key management and volunteer staff to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit donors.
- Responsible for managing relationships with approximately ___ major, planned giving and upgradeable donors/prospective donors
- Develop and manage guidelines for Planned and Major Gift campaigns and portfolio and participates in all aspects of the gift cycle including contact, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Maintain a high level of contact with donors with an emphasis on soliciting, upgrading and renewing gifts through diverse forms of stewardship.
- Responsible for the management of the donor base including the effective usage of the donor management program and software.
- Increase sponsorship patronage and visibility of development activities and maintain good relations with all business partners, donors, public and private entities, agencies, volunteers and the community.
- Work with Board and Resource Development Committee members to Plan and implement all annual campaign strategies leading to solicitations to meet budgeted annual giving projections.
- Develop strategic partnerships and collaborations with local corporations and businesses.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors and the Resource Development committee and works with volunteer leadership to develop strategies to initiate and meet resource development goals.
- Develop and implement public relations and marketing campaigns including appeal and thank you letters.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaging individual donor cultivation and gift stewardship program to identify and increase new donors and to increase giving levels of existing donors;
- •Create and execute tailored proposals, gift requests and presentations for current and prospective donors.
- Design and implement a comprehensive cultivation calendar for donors and prospects.
- Contribute to annual and long-term objectives, strategies and action plans to support the organizations vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Manage a major and planned gift portfolio of primary donors and prospects
- Manage prospect activity
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contact with potential planned and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Provide guidance for prospect strategy with Club leadership staff and volunteers.
- Serve as a resource for development staff
- Assist in identifying potential volunteer leadership
- Focus on securing support for major gift campaigns while ensuring growth in individual giving revenue
- Establish fundraising priorities in conjunction with volunteer committees and staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or similar field of study or CFRE Certification or the equivalent in education and professional work experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ direct work experience in major or planned gift fundraising, sales and or marketing.
• Experience in developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with major donors, Board members, volunteers, community and business leaders and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience stewarding, prospecting and soliciting donors giving $10,000 or more annually.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and managing a comprehensive campaign.
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written, horizontal and vertical and problem solving skills.
• Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to resource development
• Proficient use of social media tools and strong database experience.
• Must be self-motivated, creative, attentive to details and able to perform well in a fast-paced, multi-site workplace.