Director of DevelopmentCompany: UCP Wheels for Humanity
Date Posted: April 23, 2018
ABOUT UCP WHEELS FOR HUMANITY
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCP Wheels) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in low and middle resourced countries. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. These include the provision of appropriately fitted wheelchairs and empowerment programs, as well as advocacy and training initiatives that create sustainable, community-based systems to support long-term change. For more information, please visit www.ucpwheels.org.
UCP Wheels for Humanity is seeking an experienced, driven, and goal oriented Director of Development who will be responsible for the strategic planning, management, and implementation of the organization’s fund development efforts. The ideal candidate will be adept at creating and implementing plans to achieve long-term goals, while also balancing the day-to-day needs of the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director, and will directly supervise two full-time staff members.
- Achieve an annual fundraising goal of approximately $1 million through major gifts, foundation and corporate support, special events, direct mail, and website/email/social media campaigns
- Forge and maintain relationships and strategies to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources
- Work with the senior management team on the creation of the organization’s strategic plan, and develop short- and long-term goals for securing resources to carry out the plan
- Develop and execute a well-designed stewardship plan for various donor levels
- Create a corporate and foundation grants strategy and oversee its execution
- Lead the annual fundraising event planning committee and manage the execution of the organization’s signature event
- Support the creation of key messages and develop communications plans to increase the organization’s visibility
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create all organizational materials and publications including solicitation campaigns and letters, brochures and newsletters, press releases, event-related materials, web, and social media content
- Develop and manage a productive team of two full-time staff, and provide guidance to staff throughout the organization on issues related to external relations
- Manage the implementation of Bloomerang and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and manage the annual budget for all outreach, communications, and fundraising expenses
- Regularly provide verbal, written, quantitative, and qualitative fund development and communications analyses, briefings, and recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- 6-10 years of professional experience in nonprofit fundraising
- 2-5 years of experience supervising staff
- Knowledge in several aspects of fund development, including grant writing, event planning, direct mail, corporate engagement, and donor relations
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and foundations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Donor database management experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (a plus)
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
This is a full-time, exempt position at our International Headquarters in Chatsworth, California. Our normal office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, but your schedule may vary.
We offer a competitive compensation package, salary depending on experience, with health, dental, and a 403(b) retirement plan as well as a remote work policy.
Please apply by emailing a resume and cover letter including salary requirements addressed to David Murphy, Executive Director to email@example.com, Subject Line: Director of Development.