Development Assistant – Part TimeCompany: Boys & Girls Club of the West Valley
Date Posted: December 20, 2017
Date of Posting: December 20, 2017
Job Title: Development Assistant – Part Time
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to the Director of Development (DoD) to execute elements of the annual fundraising and communications plans to process gifts, manage donor database system, maintain files, assist with donor cultivation, grant writing and research, and provide support for special events. Other duties as assigned.
Gift Processing and Donor Stewardship
- Work with the DoD to process all types of donations and ensure accurate recording and acknowledgement of gifts within set timeline and standards
- Recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters and special recognition events
- Prepare and assist with donor recognition materials as outlined in stewardship plan including notes, cards, newsletters, plaques, etc
- Assist with Annual Appeal fundraising efforts
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our donors
- Maintain data entry standards and perform cleanup on an on-going basis
- Maintain consistency of donor information and accuracy of database information
- Assist with reports, mailing lists, and query generation to support campaigns and projects
- Process donor information, generate and send all relevant correspondence, thank you’s, etc.
- Coordinate printing of mailing labels and donor lists for appeal letters and other correspondence
- Maintain hardcopy records of all donations as applicable
- Responsible for generating and sending end of year tax letters
- Serve as point person for guest stewardship at all fundraising and cultivation events including RSVP, registration and general support
- Assist with item solicitation, tracking and inventory for silent auction
- Research and write grant proposals for foundation and corporate support
- Work with DoD to solicit community and civic groups for donations and other support
Skills/Knowledge Needed: Must be able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details while providing support to multiple staff. Must be friendly, outgoing, team-oriented, flexible and work well with others. Must have a thorough understanding of computer programs like Microsoft Office. Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. A successful candidate will be comfortable engaging with the public, speaking on the phone, making cold calls, and working with vendors, donors, and community partners.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 1-2 years related experience in administrative support. Experience with a database software such as Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, or other CRM software is essential. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred. Must pass a criminal background check before hire.
Hours/Work Setting: 20 hours per week. Office setting with periodic duties off-site. Some weekend and evening work required.
Wage: $13/hour to $15/hour DOE.
To Apply: Please e-mail resume to Shani Grafman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Development Assistant Application.
Closing Date: Open until Filled
About The Boys & Girls Club of the West Valley: The Boys & Girls Club of the West Valley was founded in 1992 as a response to the local need for safe, healthy, productive activities for youths during non-school hours. The Club is located at 7245 Remmet Ave., Canoga Park, CA, 91303. Tel: (818) 610-1054 | Web: www.wvbgc.org
Equal Opportunity Employer