Grant WriterCompany: The Village Family Services
Date Posted: June 1, 2018
Researches grant opportunities that match the goals and objectives of the organization. Gathers information from various departments and coordinates, develops, writes, combines and submits grant/contract proposals for all state, county and local government RFP’s LOI, RFSQ’s. The submission process will include all required forms and all required documents.
Develops/maintains effective, long-term working relationships with grantors to facilitate approvals of grants. Follows up with grantors to determine/monitor grant status. Additional duties include writing inquiries, letters and for tracking and monitoring assigned proposals, including their deadlines, requirements and written reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the agency are adhered to.
- Undertake research related to identification of funding sources to meet specific programmatic needs through use of internal resources (e.g., newsletters, grant indexes, Internet resources) and external resources (e.g., training opportunities, bidders’ conferences). Determine whether a funding opportunity is appropriate based on funder & internal priorities.
- Contact potential funding sources to discuss eligibility requirements, criteria, interest, and potential programs, and maintain ongoing relationships with funding contacts.
- Attend proposer conferences
- Write grants/contract applications and thoroughly compile required attachments for submission
- Help develop grant calendar for each year based on research and past funding history
- Create compelling, persuasive, well-structured grant narratives through the use of effective storytelling and superior prose—while effectively tying TVFS's needs to funder priorities.
- Research, develop, write, package and submit grant/contract proposals.
- Effectively perform all aspects of grant development and submission, including tracking of information, soliciting and collecting support letters and memoranda of understanding, board resolutions, developing funder-compliant budgets, and coordinating with internal sources to elicit necessary data.
- Undertake research for the purposes of gathering statistical, analytical and anecdotal data, analyzing those data, and using such data strategically to create compelling grant proposal narratives—which use current, evidence-based, peer-reviewed models, when appropriate.
- Collaborate with finance, programs and compliance to ensure grant reporting and tracking grant compliance.
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner and work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds within the constraints of government funded programs
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of satisfaction
- Must be able to work within tight timelines and deadlines
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (English or related field preferred)
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- 3+ years of successful grant writing experience with federal and government grants,
- Ability to demonstrate accomplishments and success in grants/contracts being awarded
- Knowledge of Social Service program delivery
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write accurate, compelling narrative that uses grammar and spelling correctly
- Ability to perform under deadlines and tight schedules
- Ability to coordinate collection of relevant information from multiple departments
- Experience with homeless population, young adults, and foster care services
- Ability to digest and comply with detailed instructions a must as is the ability to prioritize in the context of multiple projects.
- Interest and commitment in serving populations served by TVFS
- Previous experience working with child or family agency preferred
Human Resources Department