Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy: Building the Capacity of Emerging Fundraising Leaders
June 11, 2018
When you look at the fundraising profession, who is missing from the picture? What would further enrich our work together?
These are some of the questions that the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada asked its members in 2015. What we heard was that we need to better reflect the communities we serve, create more opportunities for under-represented groups and expand our understanding of fundraising best practices.
These answers are the cornerstones of the Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy program that the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada launched in Ontario in 2015. With new funding from Heritage Canada, the Fellowship program is now being offered across Canada and will offer inclusion-oriented education, specialized training, networking activities and one-on-one mentorship for emerging and mid-level non-profit professionals representing a wide range of cultural backgrounds and interests.
Over the course of seven months, Fellows will receive the following:
- Complimentary one-year AFP membership
- Full scholarships to five AFP professional development and education opportunities:
- The 3-day fundraising Congress in Toronto on Nov. 19-21, 2018, plus a day of diversity and inclusion training in Toronto on Nov. 18, 2018
- AFP's "Fundamentals of Fundraising" or "CFRE Review" Course
- Three webinars
- One-on-one senior level mentorship
- Support in developing organizational policies and practices on diversity and inclusion
- Support from the program director throughout the Fellowship
- A Certificate of Inclusive Leadership from AFP upon completion of the program
To find out if you qualify for this program, please visit our website: www.afpinclusivegiving.ca .
Download the application here.